Needs-Based Configuration: go beyond Guided Selling
Make it easy for your customers to buy from you
Tacton’s configure-price-quote solution captures your customer’s actual business needs and automatically translates them into the optimal product offering.
Selling that’s targeted to your customers’ needs
Needs-based selling helps your sales team to lead customers to the right decision, based on their specific needs and the factors that matter to them – whether it's intended use, running costs, price, energy efficiency or other preferences. This gives your customers confidence in their buying decisions.
The right deal for you and your customer
Predefined rules optimize how the product should be specified and priced – based on your customers’ needs as well as your own business goals. This ensures you’ll offer the deal that is best for your customer, and for you. Your sales team won’t sell products that can’t be delivered, or agree on pricing and discounts that erode your margins.
Read more about Tacton's pricing solution.
A dramatically faster quotation process
Accurate, high-quality quotes with supporting documentation are generated automatically. This speeds up the quotation process dramatically. In fact, many of our customers have seen quotation time reduced from weeks to hours, and from days to minutes.
Read more about producing sales quotes in less time.
Help your customers understand their needs and convert them into attributes that can be used to calculate and configure product recommendations
- Needs-based questions such as intended use, required capacity or other preferences.
- Easy-to-use, highly visual interface with image selections, sliders or simple drop-downs.
- Instant feedback to the user, such as automatically greyed-out options and conflict resolution.
- Intelligent default selections to minimize clicks-to-quote.
- Product characteristics explained with supporting images, texts and even 3D visualization - enabling your customers to make informed decisions.
- Help the customer discover new needs using dynamic questions that depend on previous answers.
- Read-outs from IoT devices describe how previous products at the customer's have been used, as the basis for a new quote.
Translate buying desires and non-technical product requirements into technical product specifications
- Feature-based modeling language easily translates customer needs and non-technical requirements into technical requirements.
- Constraint-based configurator solver finds solutions based on technical requirements.
- Customer's purchasing history and industry form the basis for analyzing customer needs.
- Beneficial requirements (for example, longer battery life) taken into account, improving overall understanding of needs.
Evaluate all customer needs and relevant product attributes to find the optimal solution.
- Constraint-based configurator optimizer finds the best solutions based on selected criteria such as weight, capacity or fuel consumption.
- Advanced external and internal calculations support the selection process.
- Conflict resolution balances conflicting requirements and finds the best alternative solutions.
- Options for upselling are provided, increasing the deal size.
Advise the potential buyer and create trust in the products offered – turning prospects into buyers
- Accurate, high-quality proposals with supporting documentation generated automatically.
- 3D visualization ensures a valid and compelling quote.
- Value propositions calculated by the CPQ create trust in the product recommendations.
- Product characteristics explained with supporting images and texts – ensuring the customer understands the details of the offer.
Learn more about needs-based selling
Watch Needs-Based Configuration and Selling in Action
Needs-Based Configuration, CPQ Products
Tacton CPQ for Salesforce®
Tacton CPQ for Salesforce complements Salesforce with powerful services so that your sales team can configure products and produce high-quality sales quotes including technical documentation, 3D drawings, pricing and bills of materials.
Tacton CPQ enables your channels to quote more accurately, close deals faster, and speed time to delivery. No matter how complex your products or business, you can make it easy for customers to buy exactly what they want – from you.
The beauty of the Tacton Configurator is that it will guide the sales rep through the sale and get the configuration of the product and quotation correct each time. It now takes us only five minutes to generate a complete budget offer including pricing. This saves us tremendous amounts of time and money.
“We quickly understood that a sequential, rule-based configurator would never meet our needs. We didn’t want to have to answer the same question over and over. We wanted to define a customer’s requirement and for that requirement to filter through to all areas it affected automatically. We also wanted to be able to start at any point in the configuration – if you don’t have an answer to a particular question, it doesn’t matter – the configurator should do the thinking for you. And that is exactly what Tacton provided us with.”
“Our biggest success is the fact that we are able to react so quickly and get quotes to our customers immediately. Some of our sales team are impressing customers by doing configurations together with the customer and leaving a budget quotation at the end of their visit.”