Gives sales reps what they need to land a deal
Selling complex or highly configured products is tough. Your sales team needs to understand the customer’s needs and translate them into a valid offer that is both attractive to the customer and profitable for you.
Tacton’s sales configuration software masters this complexity, making it dramatically simpler for your team to configure, design and sell your products.
Capture the knowledge of your best product experts
The powerful configuration engine in Tacton’s sales configuration solution captures the knowledge of your best product specialists and makes that knowledge available to your entire sales team. Even newly hired sales reps, dealers and partners will be able to quickly offer the best solution.
Selling that’s based on your customers’ needs
Needs-based sales configuration helps your sales team to lead customers to the right product based on their specific needs and factors that matter most to them. The solution grasps the customer’s requirements through needs-based questions that can be answered in any sequence. Those that don’t matter to the customer can be skipped completely – the sales configurator will fill in the blanks and find a solution that's not only valid, but optimal – the first time, every time.
A dramatically faster quotation process
Accurate, high-quality quotes with supporting documentation are generated automatically. This speeds up the quotation process dramatically. In fact, many of our customers have seen quotation time reduced from weeks to hours, and from days to minutes.
Read more about generating sales quotes faster and better.
Help your customers understand their needs and convert them into attributes that can be used to calculate and configure product recommendations
- Needs-based questions such as intended use, required capacity or other preferences.
- Easy-to-use, highly visual interface with image selections, sliders or simple drop-downs.
- Instant feedback to the user, such as automatically greyed-out options and conflict resolution.
- Intelligent default selections to minimize clicks-to-quote.
- Product characteristics explained with supporting images, texts and even 3D visualization - enabling your customers to make informed decisions.
- Help the customer discover new needs using dynamic questions that depend on previous answers.
- Read-outs from IoT devices describe how previous products at the customer's have been used, as the basis for a new quote.
Translate buying desires and non-technical product requirements into technical product specifications
- Feature-based modeling language easily translates customer needs and non-technical requirements into technical requirements.
- Constraint-based configurator solver finds solutions based on technical requirements.
- Customer's purchasing history and industry form the basis for analyzing customer needs.
- Beneficial requirements (for example, longer battery life) taken into account, improving overall understanding of needs.
Evaluate all customer needs and relevant product attributes to find the optimal solution
- Constraint-based configurator optimizer finds the best solutions based on selected criteria such as weight, capacity or fuel consumption.
- Advanced external and internal calculations support the selection process.
- Conflict resolution balances conflicting requirements and finds the best alternative solutions.
- Options for upselling are provided, increasing the deal size.
Advise your potential buyer and create trust in the products offered – turning prospects into buyers
- Accurate, high-quality proposals with supporting documentation generated automatically.
- 3D visualization ensures a valid and compelling quote.
- Value propositions calculated by the CPQ create trust in the product recommendations.
- Product characteristics explained with supporting images and texts – ensuring the customer understands the details of the offer.
Sales Configuration CPQ Products
Tacton Extension for Salesforce CPQ
Tacton Extension for Salesforce CPQ complements Salesforce CPQ with powerful services so that your sales team can configure products and produce high-quality sales quotes including technical documentation, 3D drawings, pricing and bills of materials – all from within the familiar environment of Salesforce.
Tacton CPQ enables your channels to quote more accurately, close deals faster, and speed time to delivery. No matter how complex your products or business, you can make it easy for customers to buy exactly what they want – from you.
Watch Sales Configuration in Action
We are the only company in the marine business who can produce a quote for a complete shaft arrangement including pricing within a couple of hours. This has been key to our success.
We can include tailored drawings and illustrations and everything is gathered automatically by the configurator. I feel that our sales people are now proud when sending out the quotations. The feedback from our customer base is very good and we are much more professional in the eyes of our customers.
The beauty of the Tacton Configurator is that it will guide the sales rep through the sale and get the configuration of the product and quotation correct each time. It now takes us only five minutes to generate a complete budget offer including pricing. This saves us tremendous amounts of time and money.