The Privacy Statement covers this website and other sites that reference this Privacy Statement. Some Tacton Systems entities, programs and/or sites may have their own, possibly different, privacy statements. We encourage you to read the privacy statements of each of the Tacton Systems websites or program information you visit or review.Global privacy fundamentals
Our privacy practices reflect current global principles and standards on handling personal information. These principles include notice of data use, choice of data use, data access, data integrity, security, onward transfer, and enforcement/oversight. We abide by the privacy laws in the countries where we do business.Consent
By using this website, you consent to the collection and use of the information as described here. If we decide to make changes to this Privacy Statement, we will post the changes on this site so that you will always know what information we collect and how we use it.From time to time, as may be required by law, we may also seek your explicit consent to process certain data and information collected on this website or volunteered by you.Information we collect
Tacton Systems collects many kinds of information to operate effectively and provide you with the best products, services and experiences we can. Some of this information you provide directly to us. Some of it we obtain by observing how you interact with our products and services. Some of it is available from other sources that we may combine with the data we collect directly. Regardless of the source, we believe it is important to treat that information with care and to help you maintain your privacy.What we collect:
- Registration—When you sign up to use our sites or services you may be required to provide information about yourself, such as your name, title and company.
- Using our sites and services—We collect information that tells us how you interact with our services, including the browser you are using, your IP address, location, cookies or other unique IDs, the pages you visit and features you use.
- Data from other sources—We may obtain additional information about you, such as demographic data we purchase from other companies.
How we collect:We use a number of methods and technologies to gather information about how you use our sites and services, including:
How we use your personal information
- Web forms, such as when you type information into a registration form or type a search query into a search box.
- Technologies like cookies and web beacons
- Web logging, which enables us to collect the standard information your browser sends to every website you visit—such as your IP address, browser type and language, and the site you came from—as well as the pages you visit and the links you click while using our sites and services.
- Software installed on your computer or other devices, which may send back information needed to operate, update or improve that software.
Tacton Systems uses the information we collect to operate, improve and personalize the products and services we offer. We will use such information only as described in this Privacy Statement and/or in the way we specify at the time of collection. Information collected through one Tacton Systems service may be combined with information collected through other Tacton Systems services to give you a more consistent and personalized experience in your interactions with us. We may also supplement this with information from other companies. For example, we may use services from other companies to help us derive a general geographic area based on your IP address to customize certain services to your geographic area. We may also use the information to communicate with you.IP addresses
We use IP addresses to administer our website and to gather demographic information. We may also use IP addresses or other information you have shared on this website or on an earlier occasion, or a campaign code to determine which pages on our sites are being visited and topics that may be of interest so we can provide you with information about relevant products and services. Generally, Tacton Systems will aggregate such data only in an anonymous way and will not tie it to a particular individual. When you visit our site, we recognize only your domain name.Tacton Systems will only gather information related to your visit to the Tacton Systems site. We do not track or collect personal information from your visits to companies or entities outside the Tacton Systems Group of companies.Blog comments policy
The Tacton CPQ blog is a moderated blog and we welcome and encourage comments, critique, questions or suggestions that are relevant to the topic.There are however, some instances where comments will be edited or deleted:
- Comments deemed to be spam i.e., any attempt to advertise, solicit, or otherwise promote goods and services. You may, however, post a link to your site or your most recent blog post.
- Comments containing language or concepts that could be deemed offensive.
For any questions regarding this policy, please don’t hesitate to contact us using the contact form
- Storing your Preferences and Settings. If you enter your country to get local news on a Tacton Systems site, we may store that country code in a cookie so that you will see the relevant local information when you return to the site. This can save you time by eliminating the need to repeatedly enter the same information every time you visit the site.
- Targeted Advertising. When we display online advertisements to you, we will place one or more persistent cookies on your device to recognize your device each time we display an ad to you. Because we serve advertisements on our own websites as well as those of our advertising and publisher partners, we are able to compile information over time about the types of pages, content and ads you or others who are using your computer visited or viewed. This information is used for many purposes; for example, it helps us ensure that you do not see the same advertisements over and over again. We also use this information to help select and display targeted advertisements that we believe may be of interest to you.
In addition to the cookies Tacton Systems may set when you visit our websites, third parties may also set certain cookies on your hard drive when you visit Tacton Systems sites. In some cases, that is because we have hired the third party to provide certain services on our behalf, such as site analytics. In other cases, it is because our web pages contain content or ads from third parties, such as videos, news content or ads delivered by other ad networks. Because your browser connects to those third parties’ web servers to retrieve that content, those third parties are able to set or read their own cookies on your hard drive.How to control cookies
Instructions for blocking cookies in different browsers are available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
.Please be aware that if you choose to block cookies, you may not be able to sign in or use other interactive features of Tacton Systems sites and services that depend on cookies, and some advertising preferences that are dependent on cookies may not be able to be respected.Instructions for deleting cookies in different browsers are available at http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/
.Please be aware that if you choose to delete cookies, any settings and preferences controlled by those cookies, including advertising preferences, will be deleted and may need to be recreated.Our use of web beacons
Tacton Systems web pages may contain electronic images known as web beacons—sometimes called single-pixel gifs—that may be used to help deliver cookies on our sites, let us count users who have visited those pages, and deliver co-branded services. We may include web beacons in our promotional e-mail messages or newsletters to determine whether messages have been opened and acted upon.We may also work with other companies that advertise on Tacton Systems sites to place web beacons on their sites or in their advertisements to let us develop statistics on how often clicking on an advertisement on a Tacton Systems site results in a purchase or other action on the advertiser’s site.Finally, Tacton Systems sites may contain web beacons from third parties to help us compile aggregated statistics regarding the effectiveness of our promotional campaigns or other website operations. These web beacons may allow the third parties to set or read a cookie on your computer. We prohibit third parties from using web beacons on our sites to collect or access your personal information. Nevertheless, you can opt out from data collection or use by these third-party analytics companies by clicking the links for the following analytics provider:Google Analytics: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout
(requires you to install a browser add-on)Similar technologies
In addition to standard cookies and web beacons, websites can use other technologies to store and read data files on your computer. This may be done to maintain your preferences or to improve speed and performance by storing certain files locally. But, like standard cookies, it can also be used to store a unique identifier for your computer, which can then be used to track behavior. These technologies include Local Shared Objects (or “Flash cookies”) and Silverlight Application Storage.E-mail addresses and communication preferences
If you choose to give us your e-mail address, we will communicate with you via e-mail. We do not share your e-mail address with others outside the Tacton Systems Group of companies. You can stop the delivery of future promotional e-mail from Tacton Systems sites and services by following the specific instructions in the e-mail you receive. Depending on the respective service, you may also have the option of proactively making choices about the receipt of promotional e-mail, telephone calls, and postal mail for particular Tacton Systems sites or services.Event Registration
Our site includes forms that you fill out to request information, products, and services. These forms may collect your financial information, such as your banking details or credit card numbers. Tacton Systems will use any financial information that you submit solely for billing and payment purposes for that specific transaction. This may include the transfer of your data to third parties involved in executing the transaction, such as banks, credit card companies and other financial and credit control institutions.Reasons we share your personal information
Tacton Systems is committed to protecting the personal data you share with us. Tacton Systems uses a combination of industry-standard security technologies, procedures, and organizational measures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Tacton Systems supports online security using secure server technology because we want your data to be safe. There are state-of-the-art security arrangements and facilities on Tacton Systems sites to prevent abuse.Links to other sites
This site may contain links to other sites. Tacton Systems is not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of other websites outside the Tacton Systems Group of companies.Data retention
Tacton Systems will not retain your personal data longer than is necessary to fulfill the purposes for which it was collected or as required by applicable laws or regulations.Children’s privacy
Tacton Systems does not knowingly collect personal data from children under the age of 13. If we learn that we have collected personal data on a child under the age of 13, we will delete that data from our systems upon request.If you have any other questions about this privacy statement or if you wish to review or correct the information we hold about you, please contact:Webmaster firstname.lastname@example.org
Revised and posted as of December 17, 2013