State-of-the-art product configuration – the key to your success
- Drives revenue growth and profitability by making it simpler and faster to sell complex products
- Increases efficiency by automating the quotation process and eliminating order errors
- Supports smart manufacturing by enabling new levels of connectedness, flexibility, speed and insight
Connects sales and manufacturing, eliminating order errors
Because Tacton's product configurator validates the complete solution space after each selection, the proposed solution is always 100% correct, down to the bill-of-material (BOM) level.
This connects sales and manufacturing in an entirely new way, ensuring that they always stay in sync and removing error-prone information handovers.
Easy to implement, easy to maintain
Product configurator rules, product data and user interface data are stored separately and can be changed independently without having to update or change the other areas. This is unique to Tacton and means that it is extraordinarily fast and simple to make updates to the portfolio as products are introduced or evolve, and as pricing changes.
Areas of product knowledge can be set up as separate modules with clear interfaces and areas of responsibility. This means you can allocate maintenance and support across your organization to best match product and commercial expertise.
Solves the configuration challenges that others can't
What really sets Tacton apart lies at the heart of the solution: a powerful, constraints-based product configurator engine built to handle the most challenging configuration environments.
The complexity of your product portfolio will never be a limiting factor in a Tacton implementation.
“We adapted Tacton’s ideas and logic to our product architecture and it is already looking very promising.”
“In the past we did everything to the customer’s wishes. Today, the customer still has this perception, but we are in fact supplying a configured product based on carefully identified and standardized building blocks. This makes us faster, and helps keep our stock levels down. It also ensures that products are already validated from a design and manufacturing point of view before an order is placed.”
“I know many companies hesitate to introduce a product configurator because they think – our products cannot be structured or streamlined in a good way or, our combinations are too complicated. We also heard these comments in our company. There were people who said it wouldn’t be possible, but it was. The configurator helped us overcome those concerns and even convinced the “experts” sitting on the product knowledge. ”
Powerful constraint-based configuration engine, built to handle the most challenging configuration environments
- Constraint-based configuration means dramatically fewer rules
- Always presents the solution that best meets the customers’ needs
- Highly scalable – the stateless configuration engine handles complex models and high user loads with ease and speed
- All variables simultaneously considered. Ensures valid, error-free configuration – every time
- Automatic error resolution and no dead-ends
Easy integration with robust APIs
- CRM (including Salesforce®, SAP CRM and Microsoft Dynamics)
- ERP (including SAP ECC, Microsoft Dynamics and Oracle)
- PLM (including Siemens PLM, Enovia PLM and PTC Windchill)
Connect to CAD to generate 3D CAD models and drawings
- Autodesk® Inventor®
- PTC Creo®
Intuitive and easy-to-use tools
- No programming or IT expertise needed
- Product data is maintained separately from configuration rules, making it fast and easy to introduce and update products
- Customer support by Tacton’s knowledgeable consultants
- Access to Knowledge Base online support